And finally it came to me… I needed a meme! You know, one of those silly quiestionaires that have been floating around since Livejournal got it’s start. (Did you guys’ Livejournal? I totally did in college, I love going back and reading it and reminiscing on what was going on in my life).
So with out further ado….a meme about 2010.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?– Kettlebell, went low-carb, tried weight watchers, bought a car from a dealership, became an Aunt.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, I had to look back at previous posts to see if I kept my new years resolutions! Haha, so that probably speaks to how well I kept them!
Here they are
1) Make a better effort to stay in touch with my long distance friends-umm..fail for the most part. I really need to be better about consistent contact with most of my friends.
2) Sign up for and complete a half marathon-fail. Shins said no. No way. It’s ok.
3) Be intentional about intuitive eating and healthy living habits-pass? I think this got better in the last few months, but I feel like I’ve made leaps and bounds with my healthy living, and I’m really loving where I am at now.
As for resolutions for 2011? I am still undecided. I am pretty terrible at keeping resolutions, but I am feeling like it is sort of time to buck up and set some goals for myself. I have a few in mind, and will make a separate post about them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Like, everyone I know. But my serious answer is my sister-in-law gave birth to my nephew Ben, he is just the cutest little baby and he makes my ovaries do flip flops.
4. Did anyone close to you die? -Don’t laugh..my parents dog Zoe. Seriously though, I have had more than my fair share of tragic/ unexpected death in my short life. Not having one this year was welcome.
5. What countries did you visit? – none, although I went to Alaska, and according to Sarah Palin I could’ve seen Russia if I tried really hard. 😉
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
– More money in my savings account
-Concrete goals for the future
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
– Jan 26—my nephews birth.
That is it really, I hate to say it was an “un-remarkable” year, because all years have great things in them, but I didn’t get married, I didn’t give birth, I didn’t graduate, I didn’t lose my job, I didn’t get a job…etc.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I sort of hate that I can’t come up with a good and clear answer for this. There are a few things that I am proud that I was able to do, but nothing stands out for me. This is something I would like to change in 2011.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Again, I can’t come up with a concrete answer, which I guess is a good thing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. I had the flu for two days? Oh, and I guess my shin splints.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
What a good question. Our vacation in Alaska. I know one doesn’t usually think of “buying” vacation, but you do! You buy plane tickets, and tours, and food, and hotel rooms.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have to give credit to my husband on this one, he quit smoking!! Hooray for him!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No one that I can think of.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To all of the “adult” things that life gives you. Mortagage, car payment, bills etc. As for “fun money” we paid for our Alaska vacation 100 percent in cash, so a lot of money went there! Other top non essentials that I spent money on: social situations with friends (Drinks and eating out) and clothes for my nephew.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our vacation, my husband dropping the cigarettes, and probably lots of other little things.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2010?
California Gurls by Katy Perry. Mostly because it is over played on the radio!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? –The same?
thinner or fatter? -Fitter
richer or poorer? –umm..the same? I technically make more money (miniscule government raise) but we have more bills now (thank you new car).
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
– Investing time in staying in touch with my friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
– Comparing myself to other people
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas was spent with my In-laws at their house.
-21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
– hmm, probably my mom?
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
With my nephew!
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
– zero, and zero in my life thank you!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
– Lost- yes I am a dork.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
– No. I don’t believe in hating.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I sort of have a book reading problem, I read…a lot. But here are the top books I read in 2010.
Leadership and the Art of Self Deception
And…I am sure others that I can’t recall.
– 27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
– none. I know.
28. What did you want and get?
– hmm. Well..I have been wanting to start practicing yoga for a long time, and I’ve finally started doing that. Not quite what the question was getting at.
29. What did you want and not get?
– Well…this is so shallow but there were two things I wanted for Christmas, that I didn’t get. A book, and some headbands for working out in. I am going to buy them for my self!
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
– Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1-just confirming my dorkdom.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Scott and I went to Baker City Oregon for the weekend to do a joint birthday celebration. I turned 27.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
– hmmm..Peace on Earth?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Same old me. Simple and classic.
34. What kept you sane?
– my husband, my dog, and exercise. In that order.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
– umm….since I can’t come up with a name I guess no one really struck my fancy this year?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
– Prop 8 (was that this year?)
37. Who did you miss?
– aww. My Brother and my friends who I haven’t seen in a while.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
– My kettlebell instructor, and even though I didn’t meet them this year, becoming friends with a co-worker and his wife.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
– The most important thing in life is to just “do you.” Don’t try to be any one else.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“Tonight’s going to be a good, good night.”